Saturday, March 28, 2009

FS112: JustPaintingAround

I loved this Iris card by Michelle.....aka JustPaintingAround. It was STUNNING, and although I had the same stamp, I decided to go with a Papertrey Ink stamp set (With Sympathy) for my case card. You see, I had to create a sympathy card for the husband of a classmate of mine from high school. (I also have to make some for her parents and siblings). My friend Debbie died this week. She was only 40 years old. That is much too early to lose anyone -- and sadly, her final few years, Debbie fought the good fight against ALS. It's a dreadful disease that robbed Debbie of her strength, but not her spirit. My friend, Susan went to visit her last month. She said that Debbie had amazing resolve. The disease took its toll and Debbie was unable to go on. I am sad that Debbie passed away. I know she is up in Heaven and her body, mind and spirit are all strong again...in peace. Rest in Peace my friend.
changes from the original card:

* flipped card on it's side
* used buttons instead of brads
* used the edge of the curly label punch instead of the punch Michelle used.
* changed stamp set

I used an eggplant base. I stamped the main image with moss ink and eggplant ink on vanilla shimmer paper. I used an aquapainter to add some moss ink to the stem area on the card. Sentiment on moss paper, used the edge of the curly label punch to create the edge -- threading the cardstock inside the punch and trimming off the edge. Setiment on dimensionals. I used three PTI buttons on the top corner. I had to find them, because my bag-o-buttons tipped over and fell all over the ground. GRRRR! OMW - how frustrating! LOL!

Check out Michelle's gallery and then play along.

stamps: With Sympathy (Papertrey Ink)
paper: eggplant, moss, shimmer vanilla
ink: eggplant, moss
misc: curly label punch, dimensionals, buttons (papertrey)


3 comments:

katrynka said...

My sympathy to you, and to your friend's family. I am a physical therapist, and I have helped too many people dealing with that horrendous disease. I also volunteer for the MDA, which does research to cure various diseases, ALS is one of them.

Very pretty card too.

Juliana said...

I am so sorry about Debbie!! ALS is a horrible disease--I am sorry it robbed her of time and you of a friend.

This card is beautiful--I love the way you stamped the flowers and did the sentiment!!

Joan B said...

gorgeous card, but I'm sorry for the sad situation.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online