Sunday, March 1, 2009

Paper Dolls!





This month's release features two sets from Hanna which can be made into Paper Dolls. I wanted my dolls to have somewhere fun to be stored, so I used the USPS box which my sets were mailed in -- and I converted it into a Paper Doll file folder. I used designer paper to cover the box, then used envelopes lined with designer paper and labels (one for Dolls, one for clothes, one for accessories).

What is nice about the Hanna's -- you can use old sets to add to your paper dolls -- I used accessories from the first Valentine set {Sweet Celebrations}. I stamped the teddy bear on chocolate chip paper. You can now have endless possibilities for your Hanna paper dolls. Want them to have a pet dog - grab your Large Breed set and make a dog.

The dolls are stamped on heavy weight chipboard. I went through a few pieces of chipboard before I figured out how to best trim them without decapitating poor Wee Hanna. You cannot trim around the pigtails, or there is just too little chipboard to hold up Wee Hanna's big head -- and she gets all wobbly and her head falls off. So if you are going to let your kids play with these - make them sturdy and use chipboard, but trim with a little excess (don't trim between the legs, don't trim under her arms and leave some area around the neck/hair.

A fun variation to these dolls would be to use thin magnets. Stamp on paper, adhere to the magnet, trim. That way you can layer and they will stick together!

You can stamp some of the outfits directly on pattern paper and trim! I stamped mine on white cardstock and colored them with copics.


Here is a close up of the box which I am storing my Hanna Paper Dolls in.
The envelopes have enough room to hold several dolls, outfits or accessories.

Each envelope has the folded over piece trimmed down and lined with designer paper. The tab is held on with adhesive and a brad - then hand labeled.



I used some fun scrap designer paper to create fun dresses for some of the dolls - my girls love it!



What do you think?

Stamps: Wee Hanna!, Dress Up Hanna!, Sweet Celebrations
Paper: chipboard, white cardstock
ink: black, copics
misc: (for box - envelopes, tags, brads, button, nesties, designer paper, USPS mailing box, punches)




2 comments:

Crystal said...

Love 'em!!!

Jodi said...

Wow! This is just fabulous! Great job!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online