Monday, March 9, 2009

CAS04: Damask Birthday

I just love these colors - they remind me of Spring. I am trying to WILL the weather to be more springlike! It's snowing for crying out loud!

Simple card - white base with some BEEEEEE-UUUU-te-ful designer paper from Basic Grey. Love it. I added a layer of regal rose (sponged the edges with some white craft ink), then stamped the damask on the banana and celery layer with white craft ink. I stamped the sentiment with PTI chocolate ink. Sentiment is also from Dawn's beautiful Damask Designs set. Love it Dawn! Two thumbs up!

I used my white gel pen from Stampin' Up! to make dots on the scallops around the main image. I am frustrated with my SU! white gel pens. They do NOT work. I have 4 in my stash -- each one of them was giving me trouble. Grrr!

This card is going out for a very special friend!

You say it's your birthday, It's my birthday too - yeah

They say it's your birthday We're gonna have a good time

I'm glad it's your birthday, Happy birthday to you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!!






stamps: Damask Designs {Papertrey Ink}
ink: white, chocolate {Papertrey Ink}
paper: celery, banana, regal rose, white (SU!), Basic Grey designer paper
misc: scalloped punch, scalloped edge punch, ribbon (SU!)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must be one of the nicest gifts I have ever seen. Really, I mean it's not something typical or anything like that, it's more of an enhanced upgrade to the original production. It's always fun to give something that looks like there was a lot of thought put into it which is what we all like to call, "priceless". So let's all take at least one day every so often, maybe even be spontaneous and let's form some sort of gift to give someone special to us that bit of recognition to know that we still care :) it'll be fun!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online