Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Suzy!



I made this frame for my sister. It was her {ahem} 30th birthday yesterday. Time sure flies - I can remember when my mom was in labor (I was in 5th grade at the time -- the same age as my daughter Karen). We went out to wait for the bus an HOUR earlier than usual because my parents had to go to the hospital. Thinking back - March in Upstate NY...I remember the snowbanks being HUGE that year - we played in the snow for AN HOUR before school. I remember my dad coming in to my class a few hours later and telling me I had a baby sister. My brother and sister and I all ended up with some kind of cold (probably from that hour long wait for the bus in the cold!) and when Suzy came home -- we were unable to hold her -- we had to wear bandanas on our faces! Ah the memories!

Suzy was my real, live American girl doll to play with. It's probably why I love kids -- always having a baby to play with when I was little! Suzy grew up to be an amazing woman. She now has hundreds of kids (LOL!) -- she is a school librarian. To celebrate her -- the kids and I picked out some fun stuff for her -- and I made this frame. It's for her desk in the library. She may be a librarian - but she is the LOUDEST librarian EVAH! {so loud!}

I used Bookworm Hanna -- stamped the table and Hanna (aka Suzy) on the 4x6 white cardstock. Then I stamped books and the tea, colored and trimmed them- then placed them on the 4x6 main image. You see, Suzy loves tea! I put the tea atop the books -- that is *so* her - but we share the same spaz gene - so it is likely to spill! LOOK OUT! The name is stamped with the new Papertrey Fresh Alphabet stamp in PTI avocado. The sentiment in the oval is from Teacher's Apple. I stamped the word teachers in spring moss - then I stamped the other portion in the avocado. I used some retired designer paper (Stampin' Up!) because it is so beautiful! The sentiment is stamped on scalloped (nestabilities) paper (moss sponged with celery craft ink) and white. There is also a double ribbon, celery organza and sheer white polka dot tied together in a simple knot. I just {love} how this project came out! Suzy loved it too. The fun thing - it looks just like her -- she has the same hair -- AND she wears those cute little slip on shoes! Here she is with my six pack last night.

What do you think?








1 comment:

Virgo5 said...

Wow Beth, enjoyed reading your story, I'm sure your sister will love this! Great pic, you must be one busy woman! I hopped over here from Kristi's to Thank You for making the great Riley blog button! So Thank's I love it!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online