Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Riley - Good Luck!

This was a fun card to make today. It's St. Patrick's Day! WOOOHOOO! I saw a sign in Boston last week - "Drink until you are Irish!" LOL! I am already Irish - so I am not drinking today - it may have something to do with the Scorpion bowls I drank in Boston last Wednesday after the Fleetwood Mac concert. Oh MYLANTA! Did I suffer Thursday! {nods}

This card is a 4.75x4.75 white base with a layer of black, then a layer of some fun DCWV pattern paper. I sewed haphazzardly around the edge of the card - that was fun - I was flying around the edges with my janome sew mini! I ran out of bobbin thread mid-sew, so I had to start over....

Riley is stamped on white cardstock with black ranger ink - then colored with copics. I used the green stardust sakura on the rivets in the horseshoe. The Good Luck sentiment is printed on the computer (curlez font) and trimmed with my scissors in a V-cut. Papertrey button, which has gold specks in it - those buttons are great - threaded the button with some Mayarts ribbon so it isn't naked (although Riley is - gasp!). Main image on dimensionals.

Think this will make a great card to send to a friend taking on new life challenges. What do you think?


stamps: Good Luck Riley {Hanna Stamps!}
paper: white, black, designer paper (DCWV)
ink: black, copics
misc: dimensionals, sakura green stardust, button (PTI), ribbon (mayarts), sewing machine





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yet another adorable card. I'm so jealous of your talent.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online