Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sympathy Card: Triple challenge

This card qualifies for three challenges: the color challenge (CC203), the sketch challenge (SC213) and the Ways to use it challenge (WT203).



I made this per Todd's request for a client who passed away.

The color challenge: Garden Green, Pacific Point and Baja Breeze. The WT challenge is alcohol inks (not just copics, or copics used in a different way).

I started with a white card base with garden green (cuttlebugged with the swiss dots folder), then the baja layer (cuttlebugged with the birds and swirls folder). The pacific layer is cuttlebugged with swiss dots as well. I used glossy white for the main image, the stamps are from Papertrey's new Sympathy set. Beautiful sentiments. The butterfly is glossy white paper punched with the Martha Stewart punch. I used Ranger alcohol inks (meadow and denim) on the butterfly. I sponged it on the baja layer, although now I wish I hadn't. I don't like it at all. I used the ink Meadow to dye the white button green. Teal sakura stardust pen on the outline of the butterfly and the trail.


stamps: papertrey ink {Sympathy}
paper: white, baja breeze, pacific point, garden green, glossy, Ranger (meadow, denim)
ink: baja breeze, pacific point, garden green
misc: button, martha stewart butterfly punch, cuttlebug folder (swiss dots, birds and swirls)






No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online