Monday, January 5, 2009

January Sneak Peek Week: Riley Motorcycle


The start of a new year stamping! It feels good, doesn't it? I am in that perpetual process of organizing my stamp room and trying to use up some of the stuff I have hoarded savored in my stamp area over the past several months years. I will resolve to use things this year - to make room for the new! YEAH! That's the ticket!

This week's sneek peek starts with Motorcycle Riley. I created this cute little journal for my friend Shana. She has a Harley! I thought she could keep track of all her of all of her oil changes and tune ups in this little book! I know her Harley isn't pink - but she sure does love pink - so I thought that I would make her bike pink....I know it has a lot of chrome, so I used sakura silver on the bike. Although it is hard to see - it sure does sparkle. Do you like the label I made. I took a strip of paper and took the SU! square scalloped punch and put the side of the label in the corner of the punch and made the cute little edge. What do you think? I added some baubles to each side! The "Sophie G." is colored with copics....stamped on white paper - layered atop some black cardstock (both die cut with nestabilites). The pink is some WIDE grosgrain ribbon which is adhered to the log book under the main image. I used some cute pink ribbon on the wire binding.


stamps: Riley Motorcycle
paper: black, white
ink: black soot, copics
misc: square scalloped punch (SU!), nestabilities, ribbon (mayarts), baubles, sakura silver, computer printed sentiment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





This is my next card - I was unable to use my sewing because my bobbin was not cooperating, so I just sewed without the thread. I guess that is second best to sewing. I started with a white 4.5x4.5 base. I added a layer of black and then some designer paper. The main image is stamped with black soot on white cardstock, then mounted on black cardstock. I used walnut Ranger ink to sponge the edges of the card and main image. I used copics to color riley and the motorcycle. The wheels and leather jacket are colored with a sakura black gel pen. It is super shiney in real life. The swirl is Rhonna Fahrer flourishes (from my stash), stamped on the designer paper in the walnut ink. I hand drew some lines on the main image with the black gel pen. A blue button (which was somewhat bright - so I sponged some walnut ink on it to tone it down) finishes the card. I thought that this was masculine enough for a guy's birthday card.

stamps: Riley Motorcycle, Rhonna Fahrer Flourishes
paper: white, black, designer paper (My Minds Eye/Wild Asparagus costco pack)
ink: walnut stain (Ranger), black soot (Ranger), copics
misc: button, sakura stardust (on motorcycle), sakura black (on jacket, wheel and ground)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to stop by all the blogs on the Hanna Stamps! design team to see what they come up with this week for the release. And don't forget - the Thursday night release party over at Splitcoast Stampers. Sure to be a FUN TIME!



2 comments:

Tracey said...

I love this stamp! Riley is the cutest!! Gorgeous projects!!

Anonymous said...

Both are adorable!!! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online