Thursday, December 11, 2008

Silent Night:


Wow - I just love the stamp set Silent Night from Papertrey Ink. I adore the flourish, the sentiments....I used the flourish for the WT196 challenge on Splitcoast. The challenge (half baked) was to use half an image on your card. WOW! I tried a tree from Lovely as a tree, but it looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. This flourish is beautiful - only half is still stunning. I also used half the star. I stamped on a precut scalloped chocolate chip oval with white craft ink. While the craft ink was still wet, I spread extra fine glitter over the top (you can seal it with hairspray). Then I layered the chocolate chip on a scalloped white oval with dimensionals. The edge of the main card was punched with the scalloped edge punch and a strip of chocolate chip cardstock was placed underneath. I stamped the flourish in celery ink on the base and finally stamped the sentiment (also from the Silent Night set) in chocolate chip ink in the lower corner. A chocolate ribbon (papertrey ink) is tied in a simple knot on the side of the card. A small rhinestone in the center of the star.


stamp: Silent Night (papertrey ink)
ink: celery, white, chocolate chip
cardstock: white, chocolate chip, celery
misc: ribbon (chocolate polka dot/papertrey ink), nestabilities (oval, scalloped), scalloped edge punch (SU!), glitter, rhinestone, dimensionals





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so serene and gorgeous - love the color combo!!!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online