Thursday, December 11, 2008

Neighborhood cocktail party


Ahhh! Life with kids. So our neighborhood playgroup decided to have a progressive holiday supper (each person has a different course) The idea is we go from house to house one evening....just hanging out - eating and drinking - no kids....

The problem - none of us could get a sitter! LOL! So - Plan B: we decided to put all the kids in the basement (it's finished) with some holiday movies and pizza... the adults enjoy cocktails and appetizers upstairs. Since I have the most kids - I get to host the party (lol - I offered). I made some quick (I am talking 5 minutes) invitations for the party. I printed out the details on the computer - then left enough of a blank space on the side to stamp. I made 4 invitations with one sheet of cardstock. I stamped the flourish (Silent Night/papertrey ink) with white craft ink, then stamped the small snowflake (snowfall/papertrey ink). While the craft ink was still wet, I sprinked it with ultra fine glitter. DONE! Finished - put them in clear envelopes and slip them in the neighbors mailboxes - simple, elegant!




stamps: papertrey ink {silent night, snowfall}
paper: ruby red
ink: white craft
misc: glitter, computer font





No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online