Monday, December 1, 2008

RV Sweet RV


One of my *FAVORITE* memories growing up was camping with my family. When you have a big family, you camp. It's written in the rule book! :)
My parents started with a tent, then got the pop up, then the small RV. Now they have this mammoth RV that they leave parked year round in Lake George. The kids love to go up there and do overnights. They hit the beach during the day, take showers with their flip flops on, eat BBQ for dinner and toast s'mores at night.

Before they got the big RV, I fondly remember taking the RV to Cape Cod, Rhode Island, Florida (Disney). We camped ALL OVER! One time I remember going to Cape Cod. My dad had issues backing up - he would back up, my mom would try and direct him into the spot....there would be lots of cursing and *$&#! Betty! This one time, the five of us were in the van with the dog, my dad was trying to back up in the DARK in a small camp site...my mom was directing him in.... He kept yelling and cursing. Of course the five of us were all giggling. (I have tears as I am typing this). My dad starts yelling, "Jessum Betty, I cannot turn around....I cannot see.....I cannot turn around...and somebody farted!". We just about lost it.....the dog (Frodo, our Carin Terrier) had ripped one and my dad was screaming at my mom because he couldn't back up without taking a tree limb in the RV. Oh, Good Times, Good Times.

Okay - so I made the frame for their RV. I used a frame I found in my stash. It's 5x7 in these metallic earth tones. I used georgia pacific white with my black soot ranger ink. That seems to work well for me when coloring with copics. I stamped the Riley in the trailer twice - to pop his head out - Can you see it! There's my mom - "Dick, keep coming back, turn the wheel to the right!" And there is my dad, driving the van, cursing! The trees are stamped, colored with copics and cut out and mounted to the 5x7 with dimensionals. There is sakura stardust on the wheels and the AC unit atop the trailer. The RV SWEET RV was stamped with Whimsical Alphabet....

I am going to give this to them for Christmas....


stamps: Riley (trailer, van)
paper: GP white
ink: black soot, copics
misc: frame, dimensionals, sakura stardust




6 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my word...That story is too funny...BWAAAHAAAA well did he ever get it backed up?

Unknown said...

Priceless Beth!! You had me laughing out loud tonight!! Oh I miss Lake George! :)

Vicki G said...

Very cute!!!!

Swamp Tulip said...

Wowza Beth. This is over the top. I'm almost peeing my pants reading your story. We have so many fond camping memories too. I love this and I'm sure your parents will to.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Teresa

Lori Craig said...

OH man!! I have tears...LOL! From the daughter of a camping family (it's my mom who has backing issues!) I think this is hysterical! Good times! Good times! Great present, Beth!

Erin said...

Oh I love this RV!! It reminds me of the fun times we used to have camping in the Smokey mountains as kids...I nominated you for an award, you can check it out here...

http://chickswithtape.blogspot.com/2008/12/butterfly-award.html

--Erin--

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online