Saturday, December 20, 2008

FS98: PaulaTracy

I am sorry that I have not posted much this week. On Wednesday night, my mom's brother passed away. It was quite unexpected, so we have been doing quiet family time. It is also a really busy time of the year for everyone...getting ready for the holidays...so I have been able to occupy my thoughts to holiday peace and joy, instead of the sorrow of my family's loss.

Saturday is my day to stamp, and I am still in the holiday frame of mind...so here is my card. This is Snow Swirled from Stampin' Up! The sentiment is from Papertrey ink's Holiday Treats.

This week's featured stamper is Paula Tracy Here is Paula's card: {Baby Buttercup} in her SCS gallery. I don't have that adorable stamp set - so I decided to use the SU! Snow Swirled set. I started with a cream base, then added some designer paper. I used a strip of hunter with a layer of vanilla paper - stamped with moss, hunter and artichoke. I stamped the tree with papertrey ink's new vintage cream . I would have used my vanilla from SU! if it hadn't dried up! Dangit! I put the ink (still wet) and sprinkled glitter on it. The glitter grabs to the ink. Fun! (spritz with hairspray to seal it). I stamped the Papertrey sentiment (Holiday cheer) with vintage cream on the hunter and punched it with the small oval punch. The scalloped rectangle was done with a nestability. Some ribbon (cream organza) tied in a bow (I slit a small hole in the top of the card with an exacto knife). The main image is placed on the card with dimensionals.

The changes from the original card -

  • eliminated the sewing (I took the bobbin out of my janome and I cannot get it re-threaded!)
  • colors - I did a monochrome green, vanilla instead of the pinks and whites in Paula's card
  • stamp set - I used SU! Snow Swirled
  • punch - I did rectangle instead of the ovals. I used the small oval punch instead of the tag punch.


stamps: Stampin' Up! Snow Swirled and Papertrey Ink Holiday Treats
ink: vintage cream, moss, artichoke, hunter
paper: cream (unknown source), {SU! vanilla, hunter, designer paper}
misc: glitter, dimensionals, oval punch (small, SU!), nestabilities



5 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry about your uncle!!

The card is gorgeous.

twinkletoe said...

I am sorry to hear about your Uncle. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

mollymoo951 said...

I love the green & cream. But I think you already know that. (wink)

I was worried something was wrong; so sorry to hear it was your uncle's unexpected passing.

Melissa

Vicki G said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle. Your Family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Vicki

Debbi T said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS BETH!!!!!

All the best to you and the troops!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online