Friday, December 12, 2008

Hanna Stamps December Challenge: Scraplings



So this little number is so cute, it makes me want to use my baby voice! These adorable cards are called Scraplings! I got the idea from my friend Val Stangle, who got the idea from the amazing Cindy Lyles, who learned about them from the Hero Arts site.

Who makes square cards (raise your hands)? What do you do with that little strip of paper left over (the 1.25x4.25 folded piece of the end of the card)? Here is a new use for them! They are called Scraplings.

You take your scrapling - and you GO NUTS! Okay...let me explain this little scrapling I made.... I took my folded 1.25x4.25 piece of wasabi cardstock (it was the leftover textured wasabi that SU! had the bulk buy on a few months ago)...I have wasabi coming out my nose (OH! that would really hurt).... Set your scrapling base aside. Take out an avery address label. Stamp on the label - I used the snowflake from Hanna Stamps! Tis the Season. I stamped the snowflake in celery, real red and wasabi. I placed the avery label on a strip of real red cardstock, trimmed and mounted it to the wasabi scrapling. I tied a ribbon around the scrapling, then added the sentiment. I went through my stash of buttons and found these Dress Em Up! buttons. I snip off the button loop, add some glue dots to the back of the button and apply the buttons to the label of the card. How cute and simple is that?

This week's challenge on Hanna Stamps! is hosted by ME! My challenge is - create a scrapling. Please post your completed scrapling on SCS and put it in the comment section of this post! All entries will be entered into a drawing to win a free watermark! Please post your entry by next Monday (10 pm EST). That gives you all weekend to stamp and post! Enjoy your weekend and please play along on the Hanna Stamps Member Company Forum! This is Hanna Stamps Challenge 47 (scs keyword HSC47)

stamps: Hanna Stamps! {Tis the Season, Just what I wanted to Say}
paper: real red, wild wasabi, avery address label
ink: real red, certainly celery, black archival, wild wasabi
misc: ribbon (mayarts/startlitstudio), Dress Em Up! buttons, glue dots (SU!)





4 comments:

Vicki G said...

Those are CUTE!

Miss Kerri said...

I LOVE the idea of a scrapling! So cute!

Anonymous said...

These are so cool. I have never seen this size before. How fun. I love that you used your extras. I still like the Wild Wausabi. Great card.
Dawn B.

Book Bling said...

I hope I have time to get one made. It may be a few days but ..... I really like the tall skinny look. Just wish it was me who was tall and skinny :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online