Saturday, November 22, 2008

FS94: Sounds like Pig Latin


Ebethneu! No, that is not Pig Latin for my name! It is this amazing stamper called Elizabeth! Check out her {gallery}. I found {This awesome card} in her gallery. WOWZA! I took the card and changed things around a bit!

I was drawn to some scraps sitting on my desk. I loved the celery and eggplant scraps, so I grabbed those, but felt that I needed a third color. I went to the SUPAH helpful Color Combo site. I put in eggplant and celery and SHAZAM! There was my third color choices! I selected cocoa.

I also decided to change the stamp set to Butterfly Wishes {papertrey ink}. When in doubt, turn to your BFF! (Did I mention that Nichole and I are as thick as thieves?) I was really drawn to the distressed edges of Elizabeth's design. I started with a celery base. I took a cocoa layer and then an eggplant layer and distressed the Shish-kabobs out of them with my bone folder. I sewed the two layers (eggplant and cocoa) with a zig zag stitch. I stamped some random images from the Butterfly Wishes set on the eggplant layer with eggplant ink. I also used my dauber with the eggplant ink to tone down the white stitch. Then I stamped the butterfly in celery ink on celery cardstock. I trimmed it out and distressed the edges and sponged it with celery ink and a dauber. I used some scraps to make an antenna. I stamped the sentiment with the eggplant on celery, then used the SU!© designer label punch to punch it out. I used the flower punch from SU! ©with some scraps of cocoa, eggplant and celery. I used stickled on the butterfly and eggplant colored baubles on the center of the flowers & body of the butterfly. Phew! What do you think of my color selection?





Stamps: Butterfly Wishes {PaperTrey Ink}
Paper: celery, eggplant, cocoa {Stampin' Up! ©}
Ink: Celery, eggplant
Misc: designer label & Spring Flower punch {Stampin' Up!©}, baubles, stickles, sewing





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I LOVE this card...and the colors are just gorgeous together. Glad I stopped by this morning...now I need to catch up on the rest of your blog.
Enjoy the holidays with your beautiful family!

SmilynStef said...

Love those colors together ... and you did a fabulous job of distressing.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online