Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Recycling....


Todd came home from China with half a dozen of these journals with weird sentiments on the front. This one said:
Corner
Where is your wanted?
Maybe in the corner
The world is so big, where's your head?

WHAT? What does that mean? LOL!
Well, the journals were nice, but the were really screaming to be altered! I made one for Todd, which will be featured on the Craft Critique
website. Todd has trouble sleeping so I made him one for his nightstand. He can put his thoughts down in his head at night (those little things that run through your mind that keep you up for all hours of the night).

I had a pink journal which I altered. I brought it to the gym with me yesterday. This one uses scraps of designer paper (from previous projects). I used this My Minds Eye paper for another project I did last month (Hanna Paper Dolls). I couldn't bear to throw away the scraps, so I put them in my handy dandy file folder. I scrap of rose red cardstock, and a neatly trimmed main image on white cardstock. Sophie G. was stamped with Aerobic Riley (I think it should be Aerobic Sophie G (legwarmers people!!!). I totally Richard Simmons-afied her...I colored her outfit in pink, then took a pink Sakura gel pen and completely sparkled the top! That is *so* Richard Simmons! Sentiment printed on the computer, trimmed and mounted to the journal. Some fun ribbon and a feather top sparkle gel pen for the journal.

I was *STYLIN* at the gym the other day, taking notes from my personal trainer! :)

stamps: Sophie G Aroebic {Hanna Stamps}
paper: DCWV, rose red, white
ink: black soot, copics, sakura pink gel
ribbon: mayarts, SU!
journal: from Todd





5 comments:

Crystal said...

Super cute Ideas!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Beth, you are right, that is a weird sentiment or whatever it is!

I love how you made them beautiful!

Debbie Corbari said...

That is one crazy weird sentiment from China! DANG IT now I've got the song in my head..."I sailed away to China...in a little row boat to find ya...and you said you had to get your laundry clean...". That makes no sense either! :)

Great idea for Todd...and for YOU! Cute riley note pad...I'm sure you looked like a super STAR with your personal trainer sporting your very pretty and girly note pad! LMAO!

cannot WAIT to see what you did for Craft Critique! You GO babe! Shake...and bake!

Anonymous said...

The same kinds of things are found in Japan, too! It totally cracked me up. Once I saw a bath towel that said, "Let's swimming!". Close, I guess. I used to collect stationery with funny sayings on them! Enjoy altering them!

Mrs. B. said...

Hahaha, you have to love those crazy translations that make no sense :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online