Saturday, April 25, 2009

FS116: Wattle




I can hardly believe that I haven't blogged since Monday. It's been a long week - Todd was in California most of the week, then went directly to Atlanta to finish his travel schedule. It has been a week full of activity nonetheless. My parents were around to help out a few nights, which was WONDERFUL! Love you Mom & Dad.

This card is one of the *many* sympathy cards which I have to make for friends who have had a death in the family. Too many to count recently! Sympathy cards are easy to make with the Papertrey {Everyday Blessings} stamp set. I love this set - I reach for it all the time, not only for the sympathy verses, but the wonderful scriptures which I have grown to use for other cards too (retirement, get well, etc.).

I cased this {bushfire appeal} card by Kathy Jones/aka Wattle. Loved the simplicity of the card. I changed the stamp set, the cuttlebug folder and the colors. I also added baubles to my rickrack.

The white base is layered with an apricot layer. I used the textile cuttlebug embossing folder on the next white layer. Then a simple rick rack (velvet) with some apricot baubles on it. I used the nestabilities scalloped and oval dies for the main image. Simple sentiment only -- from the Papertrey stamp set {Everyday Blessings} in apricot ink. Main image on dimensionals.


stamps: Papertrey Ink {Everyday Blessings}
paper: white, apricot
ink: apricot
misc: rick rack (white velvet), dimensionals, baubles (apricot), cuttlebug {textile}, nesties





1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a lovely sympathy card!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online