Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sneak Peek: Springtime Doodles thinking of you

Are we having fun? I know I am! I love playing with new stamps, especially Papertrey Ink ones. PINCH ME! This is a super fun and easy design. I started with the raspberry fizz base with some bitty dot basics in the dark chocolate color. Mmmmmm - chocolate covered raspberries! I scalloped the edge of the designer paper, then added some raspberry ribbon. A simple circle punched main image....


I added the dragonfly, then stamped it again on another piece of paper, colored it with copics, trimmed it nicely and added the wings to the main image. I added some dots of stickles to the wings and the body of the dragonfly.

Sentiment was stamped with the dark chocolate ink and I placed two chocolate colored brads on either side of the sentiment.



The ribbon was really simple to make. I took the raspberry stitched ribbon and wrapped it around the card, adhering it with mono. I took another piece of ribbon, made a circle, pinched the center together with a piece of mono, then wrapped a final piece of the ribbon around the center to create the bow. I adhered the bow with a simple glue dot.

Perfectly simple! Be sure to swing by Dawn, Becky, Pine, and Melissa's blogs to see what they are doing with their new sets. And of course check out my BFF's Blog -- Nichole has so much eye candy this month - we are all gonna be on PTI SUGAR overload!



stamps: Springtime Doodles {Papertrey Ink}
paper: raspberry fizz,
ink: dark chocolate, black
misc: copics, stickles, glue dot, ribbon (raspberry fizz), scalloped edge punch




14 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I'm really LOVING your new set Beth!!! Well done!

Lisa H. said...

another beauty! love what Nichole did with your set and I'm in LOVe with the images.

Julia Diane said...

Oh, Beth! This set is sooo adorable! What fun.. such delightful images!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Oh this is such a fun stamp set! I love the dragon fly and when I saw the snail on Lisa's site - this is definitely a must have for my cart!

Vicki Bray said...

Love the colors of this card! The polka dots are way to cute! Love your new set as well!! Thanks!!

Shay said...

Pretty dragonfly image! This set looks to be very sweet and has a ton of lovely images to use for all sorts of occassions. Great job!

Barbara V said...

Beth, this set is absolutely adorable! It is at the very top of my wish list. Great job!!!

Elizabeth S. said...

This a wonderful card! I love doing my ribbon bows like this sometimes also.

Anonymous said...

I am loving this set! Cant wait to put it in my cart!

Stefanie Staniak said...

I so love your flowers Bethie. I can hardly wait to see the whole set - or better yet - to hold it in my hands !! :)

Basement Stamper said...

adorable card!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Purty.

Ted said...

Such a fun card, Beth! Great colors together! :)

Jessica said...

I am in love with this set, Beth!! It is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online