Saturday, March 20, 2010

FS163: Mutnik


I don't even know *what* a Mutnik is -- but I do know that Cathy can stamp....doodle & tell a story! She has a great gallery, so I can hardly do it justice! I created a fun card with my new {Springtime Doodles} stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I based it on Cathy's card {Smootchie, Smootchie}. I changed a few things - changed the stamp set, altered the colors (slightly) and changed the shape of the main image. I loved the colors on Cathy's card, but removed the black layer and changed my color scheme to hibiscus and orange zest. YUM! So card is a layer of white, layer of hibiscus, then the orange zest (embossed with the swiss dots folder). I stamped some white flowers from the set on the hibiscus layer with the white snow ink and did some dtp on the edges. The main image is a trifecta of flowers colored with copics. The smallest flower is stamped twice and then colored with copics, layered with a dimensional. An orange gem is in the middle of the small flower, a brown gem in the large one. The bird is also layered with a dimensional, trimmed, edged with some spring rain ink and placed on the flower. The sentiment is stamped with hibiscus and orange zest ink, punched out with the word window punch. Edges of the main image also sponged with spring rain ink. Some PTI hibiscus ribbon is the final step in the card.



Stamps: {Springtime Doodles}
paper: hibiscus, white, orange zest
ink: black, hibiscus, orange zest, spring rain, white
misc: swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder, ribbon (PTI), dimensionals, nestabilities, gems (PTI), ww punch

1 comment:

Debbie Corbari said...

ShaZAM this is one cute card!!!

*why, when I see "mutnik" do I have running through my head "mutnik, we have a problem"? lol!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online