Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I created several St. Patrick's Day samples for the OCL blog last week and thought I would share them here!


Using the sentiment from {Shamrock blessings} and the horseshoes from {kiss me, I’m green}, I created this cute square card. I used some Copic markers to make the horseshoes appear metallic — finishing them with Spica gel pens. I used a Prima flower cut apart and put three petals together with a hand drawn stem. I placed a button in the center of the ‘Prima’ shamrock. The sentiment is mounted on green paper and outlined with a fine tip black gel pen. I mounted the sentiment on dimensionals. I added some green May Arts ribbon to give it a little pop! The black and white Die Cuts with a View paper really compliments the green in the card.

I created this card using the {hearts & hugs} stamp set. I stamped the three hearts from the set on River rRock paper and added the stem to create a shamrock. I added a button to the center of it and cut out the main image with an oval punch. I mounted it on a black scalloped oval punch. The main base of the card is Wasabi paper which I stamped with some Wasabi ink using the Happy from {Big Birthday Wishes} set. I took some fun striped ribbon and sewed it across the bottom of the card. I created the sentiment with a fun foam shamrock that I heated up with my heat tool, then ran it threw the Cuttlebugs Swiss Dots folder. I sponged the edge of the shamrock and placed a gem in the center of it, then put it between the words HAPPY and DAY. Hope you enjoyed this St. Patrick’s day card which I created with a Valentine and a Birthday set! :)


This is a super fun card that I made for my Spotlight Set of the Week. This one using the {Shamrock Blessings} stamp set. I used the Swiss Dots folder on the green galore card base. I took some black paper and used the Martha Stewart edge punch to create the mounted frame. The main image was stamped with black ink on white paper. I used Copic markers to create the green gradient background, starting with the lightest color and slowly adding some deeper colors on the bottom and drawing them back up with the lighter colors. I used a little Sakura Stardust on the shamrocks and a fun shamrock button I found in my button stash! Hope you enjoyed this fun card!


This card is a river rock cardstock base with some black accents. The sentiment is stamped with black ink on white cardstock, mounted on black cardstock, then the shamrocks around the sentiment are accented with copic markers. The main image is also stamped in black ink on white cardstock and accented with copic markers and some gold glitter on the coins. The main image is punched with a square punch, then mounted on black cardstock which is also punched with the scalloped square punch. Some fun green checked may arts ribbon completes the design. The stamps are from the set Kiss me, I’m Green!

All Stamps from Our Craft Lounge -- supplies listed above.





No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online