Sunday, September 14, 2008

Some Serious Thank Yous!




It hasn't been easy recovering from surgery with 6 little ones! My husband has been amazing (which is why he is my WMWH {worlds most wonderful husband}!!!)

I have a few people who have really been helping lend a hand with the kids, so I wanted to give them a special thank you note. They were both made with some DCWV textured notecards (two different shades of pink) and the edge is punched with the Martha Stewart punch. I love this punch, but it is tough to use on cardstock. It is pretty easy to use on thinner designer paper, but you need to use your muscles to get it through heavy paper.

So back to the simple cards....I stamped the main image on glossy paper. I love the look of glossy paper. I used the flower from the Get Well Teddy {Kitchen Sink Stamps}. Step One: Regal rose, Step 2 Rose Red, Step 3:Bravo Burgundy. The stem was stamped with artichoke. I used black soot (ranger) ink for the sentiment which is from Vintage Words {Kitchen Sink Stamps}. The top card has a single ribbon (anyone else save ribbon - I got this ribbon from a pair of pajamas (the ribbon was wrapped around it with a big bow). The bottom card was a double ribbon (starlitstudio.net) of sheer white polkadot and pink satin.


The cards use the same exact main image - same colors, same sentiment...yet with a deeper color base notecard and a different ribbon...each card is so unique!











Stamps: Vintage Words, Get Well Teddy {Kitchen Sink Stamps}
Ink: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke (SU!), Black Soot (Ranger)
Misc: nestabilities, ribbon (www.starlitstudio.net)
paper: notecards (DCWV textured notecards), glossy white





7 comments:

Ann said...

Love the ribbons and lacy edges on these! SO pretty! :D

Kristie said...

These cards are just gorgeous Beth! I know how hard it is recovering from surgery, so I hope you are feeling much better soon :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

SOOO pretty, Beth! I love that card and there's that cute Martha Stewart punch again! Hmmm..I smell a Michael's run in my future! LOL!

Enjoli said...

Very very beautiful flowers! I love the pink color combos. I hope you get well soon! Take care! =)

Simply Jenn said...

Both cards are really pretty. they are bold and bright but simple at the same time! Feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Oh your cards are beautiful!! I love that carnation:)
Have a great weekend

Kelly said...

These are really pretty!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online