Saturday, September 20, 2008

FS85: E3Stamper

Hi everyone - thank you to everyone who sent me thank you notes this week. I had no idea how hard it would be to recover from surgery -- I am still moving very slowly, but starting to get some energy back. I guess I have to with the six pack at 100%

This week's featured stamper is Shannon Erskine, a wonderful stamper with an amazing gallery. She is known as E3Stamper on SCS. Her card which I cased is pumpkinhead.

I changed a few things from her card - I liked the "fall" colors which she used, so I interchanged them - using some designer paper from my stash! This is scraps from my My Minds Eye stash (Costco) which I SWEAR that I will NEVER run out of!!!

I used strips of pumpkin pie paper, a nestie square of some deep chocolate paper and then stamped the stamp (which CRACKS ME UP!) on white. I am now using Ranger black soot on my cards when I am in a rush because I can immediately use all my copics (including the lighter colors) without smearing and waiting! So I colored the turkey (Hanna! Thanksgiving) with copics, then stamped the sign and colored that in as well. I used a deep hunter green gel pen to create the grass and used some copics to color in the grass and dirt. I also kept the baubles on the top, but eliminated the sentiment - I thought the "Eat Beef!" was enough....and I added a ribbon (mayarts) from my friend Cindy (Starlitstudio) instead! Card is done.

Try casing Shannon this week - she has a TON of fun in her gallery!!!



Stamps: Hanna {Thanksgiving}
Paper: My Minds Eye, pumpkin pie, brown (non-su), white
ink: black soot (ranger), copics
misc: ribbon (mayarts/starlitstudio), baubles, dimensionals, nesties


5 comments:

Kristi said...

Wonderful card, I love it!!!

Kristi said...

Oh I just love it!!!

Vicki G said...

That is adorable Beth!

Vicki

Love the DP card base

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Beth,
Just stopped by to say hello and wish you a speedy recovery!

Thinking of you,
Jennifer :)

gwenie sue said...

What a great card. I think you done a great job!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online