Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sea Shells: Dream

One of my most favorite things to do with the kids is walk on the edge of the ocean and collect shells. I love the beach. Our recent trip to North Carolina (Duck) inspired me to create this card. I haven't had a chance to go through all my photos yet, but I wanted to share my favorite....I will look at the rest and share some more tomorrow. I am just up to sitting at the computer too long.





So here is the card I created. Soft colors.....DREAM...of the beach (or whatever you dream of....). I started with a textured base (DCWV) and added a layer of cuttlebug'd sahara sand. I used the swirl folder to dry pressure emboss it. I stamped the shells (from Kitchen Sink Stamps). Start with caramel, then sahara sand, then going grey (for the steps). These are three step stamps.
I added the sentiment Dream in black archival ink. I used the KSS Vintage Words set. Three pink baubles in the corner and some soft sheer ribbon (white polkadot) from Starlitstudio.


stamps: Kitchen Sink Stamps {Sea Shells, Vintage Words}
Paper: DCWV textured notecards, shimmer white, sahara sand
ink: caramel, going grey, sahara sand, black archival (ranger)
misc: sheer polkadot ribbon (Mayarts/starlitstudio), baubles, cuttlebug (swirls/EclecticPaperie.com)





7 comments:

Lorie said...

Gorgeous card! It reminds me of how excited I am to be going to HAWAII in a couple of weeks...woohoo! ***sorry just couldn't stop myself!***

Great picture of your family too!

Debbie Corbari said...

That is a great picture Beth!

Anonymous said...

Your card is so soft and pretty!!
Oh, we love to hang out in Duck when we go down to OBX, looks like you had fun!!

Unknown said...

Good timing - I was just gonna post that I thought you were past due to share some family photos!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card, Beth...really does look like the beach.

Anonymous said...

So soft and pretty Beth! Love your colors! :D

Kristin Moore said...

Beth, you are amazing! I had forgotten that little tidbit about you having 6 kids until seeing the adorable picture of your family! You are obviously blessed with an energy some of us would buy if it were available. Lovely seashell card too!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online