Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kitchen SInk Stamps: Aloha!

Put on your sunglasses!!! This is a bright one!
This was such a simple and fun card to make. Did you know that the pineapple is the symbol of hospitality? I only know that because Todd was in the hospitality business before he made the switch to finance. The hotel where he worked (The Desmond in Albany) had pineapples all over. I collected pineapples for awhile, so I was SO excited when this stamp came to live at my house (GRIN).

This would be a great thank you note for someone who you went to visit - thanks for your hospitality!

Stamp first layer in the lightest color (banana), then step two in saffron, and stamp the third layer in the deepest color (summer sun). The stem is also stamped in caramel, then rust, then close to cocoa is the the final layer. I used basic black for the sentiment.
The green card is part of the DCWV pack I picked up at my local craft store. I stamped the big palm leaf in versamark and rubbed SU! green galore chalk on the paper (poppin' pastels) with a dauber.
The cuttlebug I used on the coral layer was floral frenzy. I layered the black above and below the coral, tied on some fun green sheer ribbon. I added the baubles in the bottom corner. Simple and fun!

stamps: 3 step Aloha {Kitchen Sink Stamps}
ink: barely banana, so saffron, summer dun, creamy caramel, close to cocoa, really rust, basic black, versamark
paper: basic black, green DCWV textured notecard (green), coral
misc: sheer polkadot ribbon (starlitstudio), cuttlebug, floral frenzy, baubles (green), SU chalks






3 comments:

Juliana said...

This is sooo cute!! (and quite fun!!)
I love the palm fronds on the green and the bright colors!!
Great card!

Ryann said...

Cute card! Love the bright colors.

Sanwanya said...

I love your blog.Wow you work is great
Thanks for sharing

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online