Saturday, September 13, 2008

FS84: Lazy Lizard!

First, a big thank you to everyone who sent me beautiful get well cards! You guys are all so sweet. I am about 75% healed, which in Mom talk means I am cooking and getting everything done. So I might as well get back to stamping. I am not 100%, so I am not really diving full steam into the design work yet. I have extreme back pain when sitting or standing too long. Crazy CRAZY CRAZY! I feel really good though and I am happy that the worst of it is behind me!


This week's Featured Stamper is Lazy Lizard. She created this card and I knew that it was a great card to case. I used my new Hanna! stamp set Jump for Joy. It's that time of year here in Upstate NY. The air is starting to get cooler (although today was HUMID!) and the leaves are starting to show a hint of color. It's my favorite time of year! I dry pressure embossed the background (pumpkin) with the houndstooth cuttlebug folder. I stamped the rust layer with ruby red ink using the leaves in the Jump for Joy set. Martha's punch on the bottom of the rust paper (I {heart} that punch!). The ruby red layer is dry pressure embossed with the swiss dots folder. I stamped the sentiment Many Thanks (Wedding Day/papertrey ink) on whisper white circle. I then used the small acorn and the single leaf from the Jump for Joy set and randomly stamped over the circle using black soot (ranger) ink. It works really well with the copics immediately and doesn't smear like some inks. I give it two thumbs up! I need instant gratification, meaning I don't have time to wait for ink to dry and not smear! Anyone else like me? (raises hand). The main image was place with dimensionals on the card, just above the burgundy twill. Finally, I used some copics to dye the fibers from my stash. Not sure if I like the fibers yet....maybe they will grow on me.


Stamps: Jump For Joy (Hanna! Stamps), Wedding Day (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Pumpkin, Rust, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: black soot (ranger), copics, ruby red
misc: burgundy twill, fibers, dimensionals, MS punch, nestabilities





1 comment:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok, that card just sealed the deal that i now need that doily punch LOL! Great job and Beth glad you're feeling better...I'm not sure what kind of surg. you had but w/ 6 kids, I can't imagine that it hasn't been soooo difficult! god bless! Jessica :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online