Sunday, April 17, 2011

FS219: Coffeestamper

This weeks featured stamper is Coffeestamper, Sue (aka Perk or Perkzi). Apparently giving up coffee for lent has left my brain in a frizzle and I completely overlooked Sue as a featured stamper! YIKES! Sorry it has taken so long Sue! Sue is one of those SCS'ers that has been such a great part of the community - she participates in MANY challenges and really cheers on her fellow stampers!

I saw her {Gently falling in love} card and knew it would be a great case card...



There were a few changes from Sue's card....
  • colors
  • stamp set
  • added buttons
  • used patterned paper instead of dry embossing
  • changed to a square card
I changed up the color a bit to this fun blue, green combo. I love dry pressure embossing, but thought it would be fun to use some of my stash of patterned paper on the background instead. I found this piece of DCWV stack paper in my stash and thought it would make a nice masculine card for my friend Matt's birthday.

I used a strip of embossed new leaf paper with a v cut on the bottom to the card base. I punched out a few scalloped squares in blueberry and new leaf. On the new leaf piece, I stamped the main image with the presents from Train Tracks and the Happy Birthday sentiment from Inside & Out Birthday. I stamped the presents on a few scraps of coordinating patterned paper and trimmed them out and mounted them atop the present on the main image. I used a few copics to spice up the rest of the presents. I added some buttons, one threaded with some blue bakers twine, to finish off the card.










stamps: Train Tracks & Inside & Out Birthday
paper: DCWV, blueberry, new leaf
ink: black, copics
misc: by the numbers impression plate, scalloped square punches, buttons, bakers twine (blue)

Enjoy every single moment of today!!!!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online