Sunday, October 11, 2009

FS140 {Glowbug}



This card was made for Todd's business partner, Scott who turned 40 yesterday. I decided to take {Chris' card} and change some of the elements - I liked the Halloween, but not Halloween theme - so I kept that! I used a white base and dry pressure embossed it with the swiss dots folder. Then I spritzed and sponged it - spritzing with coffee glimmer mist and sponging with dark chocolate ink. I cut the designer paper with some decorative edge scissors and sponged that with dark chocolate ink. I took a piece of kraft paper and dry pressure embossed that with the birds folder and spritzed it with the coffee glimmer mist. those layers sparkle AMAZING!!!! A scalloped circle (sponged w. chocolate ink) and another kraft layer punched with the marvy circle punch. I spritzed it with coffee and walnut gold glimmer mist. I took a small piece of summer sun paper, punched it with a small circle punch, then placed it on the edge of the large marvy circle. I colored that with copics to give it some dimension. The owl was colored with copics as well. I took a scrap piece of chocolate chip paper and trimmed it to look like a branch. Owl is attached with a foam square. Who is 40? sentiment printed on the computer and trimmed by hand and Happy Bird-day! sentiment punched with the word window punch. Ribbon is scrap ribbon from my stash and button (rustic) from PTI has twine threaded through center.

Phew!



stamps: swinging by (Papertrey Ink)
paper: kraft, white, designer paper, chocolate chip, summer sun
ink: black, copics
misc: button, punches, decorative scissors, dimensionals , twine, ribbon,





No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online