Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Isabella & FS 141








This week has been a BLUR of activity (again) -- yesterday the older four had a swim meet from 1 - 4 and then last night was Silaikafest 2009. We decided to combine the older 4 birthdays and have a costume party/fundraiser. The kids collectively decided to ask their friends to not bring birthday presents, but instead bring donations for Hannah's Hope Fund. Hannah is in class with Xavier at school. I had no idea how many people were coming to the party - but we had a blast decorating and decided that no matter what -- it was going to be a BLAST! Todd and I even dressed up for the occasion! My parents showed up as the Big Bad Wolf & Little Red Riding Hood....my sister, Mary Poppins....it was so much fun! We raised nearly $1,700 for Hannah's Hope Fund, with the potential to have more donated by Thrivent! The whole fund raiser will then be doubled by the Sunshine Lady (Dorris Buffet, sister of Warren). We really wanted to teach the kids about paying it forward....and the feeling you get when you help others.


At times, I was a bit overwhelmed with excitement about the whole party -- it was so awesome to have all our friends and family there enjoying themselves for such a good cause.....and it makes me so thankful to know that I have six healthy children.


THANK YOU to everyone who came out and helped with the party! THANK YOU to Mr. Twisty, who came and made countless balloons for the kids -- and thanks to everyone who helped clean up!

I think we had about 100 kids and there were very few tears, only a few spills -- but there was a TON of cake, pizza and other goodies consumed!


So this week, I made my featured stamper card with the holiday in mind -- Halloween is coming right around the corner -- YIKES! This month is FLYING BY!

I found {THIS} really awesome card by Riley! I decided to use Ghostly Greetings (Our Craft Lounge) as the main image and change the colors to Halloween colors (orange and black). I loved the clean look of Riley's card. I changed the ribbon and just spiced up the sentiment area. The dry pressure embossing is from cb embossing folder set, just a different edge.

Happy Birthday to my Isabella Ray, who turns eight today! Isabella is my first little red head! Love you Bella Bean!



stamps: Ghostly Greetings (OCL)
paper: White, black, DCWV designer (orange)
ink: black, copics
misc: CB folder, star punch, designer label punch, dimensional, may arts ribbon





1 comment:

Jenn said...

OMG Bethie!! Love the costumes!! Looks like you all had fun!! So Proud or your bunch!! What great hearts!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online