Thursday, February 19, 2009

Name Frames: Sean & Evan



I had *promised* name frames for Todd's business partner's wife for their twin boys soon after they were born. Thankfully, I got them done before the boys turned one year old. I knew what I needed to do, but sometimes finding the time between monthly projects and design work is impossible.

I was able to stamp the letters one day and let them dry. The letters are stamped in craft ink - so it is really important to heat set them or let them dry thoroughly! I guess 3 months drying time is good! {wink!}

I use craft ink so that the color does not fade over time (at least that is what Shelli tells me!).

I used the elephant (per request) from Wild about you! and the letters from Letterpress Alphabet {Stampin' Up!}.

The elephant is stamped in celery ink (craft) then the first letter of the name was stamped in Artichoke craft ink. I trimmed the first letter of the name & the elephant out and mounted it on a 2 inch high piece of white cardstock. Each letter is carefully trimmed and mounted on a 2 1/4 inch high piece of artichoke cardstock.

The first layer of the frame is celery cardstock, dry pressure embossed with the Traffic embossing folder {EclecticPaperie}. I use a strip of Night of Navy cardstock, then a layer of Stampin' Up! designer paper (retired). A piece of celery striped mayarts (Starlitstudio) ribbon goes across the frame, just under the letters. The letters are mounted on dimensionals.

I finished each frame with some buttons. My friend Pine hates neked buttons! I used some hemp to tie up the buttons and give them that finished look!

What do you think?

stamps: Wild about you! & Letterpress Alphabet (Stampin' Up!)
ink: craft artichoke & celery
paper: celery, navy, white, artichoke, designer paper (SU!)
misc: buttons & hemp (SU!), cuttlebug folder (traffic), ribbon (Mayarts)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online