Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sneak Peek: Trees with trimmings, day three & FS 188

This week's featured stamper is Terri, aka, Die Cut Diva! She has some fun cards to check out in her gallery, and I decided to case {Happy Birthday CAS style}. I changed the colors, theme and stamp set. I moved the sentiment to a tag too.

I haven't used enchanted evening in a long time, so I thought it would be nice to use it on tonight's card, keeping it clean and simple. I used a white base, then took a piece of enchanted evening cardstock and ran the bottom portion through a crimper. I stamped random snowflakes on the main image with enchanted evening and fresh snow ink. I alsi stamped some snowflakes on some PTI white ribbon with the enchanted evening ink. I stamped the tree on white cardstock and trimmed it out, then adhered it onto the enchanted evening piece with dimensionals. The punched tag was stamped with the sentiment and three mini snowflakes, then tied to the ribbon with rustic thread. Finally, I used some stickles on the tree to give it a little bling and a little gel pen on the tiny snowflakes on the tag.

See what Heather Nichols has going on using both of her new sets.

Lisa Johnson has even more ideas using Background Basics: Christmas.

Alli Miles is creating eyecandy using Holiday Spirit Sentiments today.

Dawn McVey has inspirational ideas with her new Color Couture download.

Nichole has a plethora of new creations on her blog too!



stamps: Trees with Trimmings {Papertrey Ink, available 9.15.10}
paper: white, enchanted evening
ink: fresh snow, enchanted evening
misc: crimper, stickles, dimensionals, PTI white grosgrain ribbon, tag punch, gel pen


3 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the colors for this card!

Anonymous said...

This two-color card is great! I love the enchanted evening ... details like the crimping and stamping the ribbon make it extra special! Gabby :)

Debbi said...

I love your trees! Today was my favorite one! My eye also caught that ribbon right away - I was going to ask you where you got it, but read that you stamped it. NICE!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online