Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sneak Peek: Trees with trimmings, day one

Welcome to the first card which I created with my stamp set. Sometimes when I get the completed set - I look at it and don't know where to begin. When I create the stamps, I usually have ideas in mind, but months later, when the final version arrives, I get flustered! This time, when I opened my set, I knew that it would be so easy to create holidays cards and altered items with it. The lines are so clean, they are easy to trim and layer. The sentiments are so petite, they fit nicely on the card, but are large enough that they don't get lost!

I used a combination of new leaf cardstock and a variety of papertrey ink designer paper (some chocolate remix and the chocolate bitty dot basics). I used a smidge of the new leaf twill and a scalloped circle punch piece of chocolate cardstock, mounted on a few dimensionals. The trees were stamped in new leaf ink on the PTI cream paper, trimmed and then mounted and layered with dimensionals and adhesive.



Stop by tomorrow to see some more sneak peeks from the set. I will take a 360* whirl with color and come up with a lighter, soft combo to showcase the set!

Be sure to stop by Nichole's blog to see what creative ideas she has in store this month!



stamps: {Trees with trimmings} Papertrey ink
paper: new leaf, cream, PTI designer paper
ink: dark chocolate, new leaf
misc: ribbon, punch, dimensionals

5 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Ooooh! I love those trees! Awesome card!

Kelly S. said...

So fun, Beth! Love this leafy green card...what a cute tree!

MichelleY said...

Cute card! I love that the trees are so easy to cut out. You need that when you're making Christmas cards in bulk. LOVE IT, BETHIE!!!

Noreen said...

I love the way you put together all the greens.

Debbi said...

I love this set! I'm looking forward to seeing more, Bethie!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online