Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sneak Peek Sample Two: Winter Swirls......

I just {LOVE} snowflakes!!! I knew that I had to have some in my stamp set, and there are SEVERAL to play with. I do not think you will be disappointed!

One of the things I love doing with stamps is to create something they were not initially intended for! In this case - I used the snowflakes to create the branches of a leaf. I saw this technique years ago and I had this card in mind when I created some of my snowflakes.

Ripe avocado base (5x5) with a layer of dark chocolate and then the main layer of stampers select white. I love this white...it really grabs the ink!

I used spring moss and ripe avocado ink in a repetitive circular pattern to create this wreath.
The "berries" are small scarlet jewel buttons...the sentiment is stamped with dark chocolate ink. The large ripe avocado button is so sparkly! I sewed it with some deep brown thread right to the scarlet jewel swiss dots ribbon. Tune in tomorrow for my next sample -- in some non-traditional Christmas colors!


All supplies © Papertrey Ink (unless otherwise noted)
stamps: Winter Swirls (available 9/15)
paper: dark chocolate, ripe avacado, stampers select white
ink: ripe avacado, spring moss
misc: buttons (scarlet jewel and ripe avocado), ribbon (swiss dot scarlet jewel)




16 comments:

Melissa said...

This is beautiful! What a fun idea! Your set is great--can't wait to see more!

Andrea McCulley said...

Beautiful card! I love your snowflake wreath and the ribbon-button combo!

Dawn said...

I'm a huge fan of snowflakes too. Thanks for this idea, I think I'll use it on my cards & tags this year.

Can't wait to see the full release!!

Elizabeth S. said...

oh, I love this! What a great idea to use snowflakes for the wreath. Thanks for the idea.

Martina said...

This card is absolutely adorable!

Titta said...

This is a really clever idea, and the card is lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing all of this stamp set revealed.

Robin said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your projects. Can't wait to see the entire set.

snarflemarfle said...

Beautiful! What a striking focal point! Love using snowflakes to make a wreath. Can't wait to try this out with your set!!

Babies-Beth said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! I love it!!!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun wreath Beth - love the buttons and ribbon on this!

Crestajune said...

That is so cool. I can't wait to see more of your set. I am loving it so far!

Marge said...

This is just so sweet; love it!!!

Unknown said...

Love the wreath idea - quite stunning especially with the accents you chose! Great work!

Julie said...

I'm so excited for you Beth! Your set looks just adorable! I can't wait for the 15th! :)

Unknown said...

I love this idea of making a wreath with the snowflakes!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Can't wait to see the full set!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online