Saturday, May 23, 2009

FS120: Oh Mercy, Mercy Me.....


Lord Have Mercy --- it's a busy Memorial day weekend! Two weddings and a birthday party!
Why not check out Mercy's gallery to case some cards!!! Check it out here {Mercy's Gallery}.

My first card, based on Mercy's {Forever Friends} card. Changes: colors, stamp set, used buttons instead of brads. I liked the layout, but reversed the colors, white base, bright color on top. I used the Sophie G. inner tube stamp and the sentiment from Things Hanna Would Say {happy birthday}. I did some sewing on the card instead of the paper piercing. I ran out of bobbin thread mid way through sewing, so had to go over the card twice. I colored Sophie in with copics, then added some drips with copics and sakura stardust. I also added some stardust to the accessories on Sophie to make her look wet. Mayarts ribbon moved down just above the SU! designer paper. This was for Hailey's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY!)





Wedding number one....based on {forever friend}. Changes: colors, stamp set, added flower. Instead of designer paper, I used textured cardstock (using the cuttlebug folders). Added a button and ribbon instead of the clip and added the flower instead of the three brads. Colored Riley & Sophie G with copics. Sentiment from Wishing You {Papertrey}. Bashful, Navy & Brocade cardstock.





Here is the second wedding card....based on {Nov. Bday Cards}. I changed colors, made the card square, changed stamp sets and added a strip of ribbon. Instead of sewing a straight stitch all around the card, I used a zig zag stitch on the bottom. The wedding colors will be nevy and yellow (West Point Graduates). I used some navy textured coordinations paper, some banana and marigold (SU!) and my swiss dots cb folder. Once again, Riley and Sophie G. are colored with copics. I used some stickles on Sophie's dress.


Thanks for the inspiration Mercy!


Birthday Card:
stamps: Inner Tube Sophie G, Things Hanna would say
paper: red, white, designer paper
ink: copics, black, sakura stardust
misc: sewing, buttons

Wedding card 1:
stamps: Sophie G Wedding, Wishing You (PTI)
paper: bashful blue, brocade, navy, white
ink: black, navy, copics, sakura stardust
misc: ribbon, button, primas, brad, nesties, cb (swiss dots, textile)

Wedding card 2:
stamps: Sophie G Wedding, Wishing You (PTI)
paper: coordinations textured navy, marigold, banana, white (SU!)
ink: navy, black, copics
misc: stickles, nesties, ribbon, cb (swiss dots), dimensionals




No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online