Saturday, August 8, 2009

FS131: Sleepyinseattle



This is the card I made for this week's featured stamper challenge. This week's stamper is Joanne. {here} is the card which I cased. I changed the colors and the stamp set. I also used velvet rick rack and polka dot ribbon instead of the rope. I added the sentiment on the bottom....

I used the houndstooth embossing folder on the base of the card. A layer of white, then some designer paper, punched with the martha stewart edge punch. A layer of red, then the velvet rick rack. I tucked a folded polkadot ribbon under the main image. The sentiment and stamp are from the the Reindeer kisses stamp set. Since Santa's hat was "off" the oval, I stamped him twice, cut out his hat and colored it, then attached it to the main image. He is colored with copics, then I used a little stickles on the tip of his hat, and his white fringes. I also dotted the edge of the red scalloped portion with some stickles! This is one cute Santa! Finally...I stamped and cut out the star from the set, colored with copics and attached it to Santa's hands with a foam square. DONE!!!




Our Craft Lounge: Reindeer Kisses
paper: red, celery, white, designer paper
ink: black, copics
misc: ribbon, rick rack, punches, stickles, foam squares



2 comments:

Debbie Corbari said...

You ROCK Beth! This is ADORABLE! You are UNBELIEVABLE when I think about it....I fell ASLEEP on the way home...and you were up doing this!? AMAZING beth...AMAZING!

kathy s said...

great card love the backgrounds they just seem to make santa jump off the page

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online