Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Introducing: Lock & Key, Day Four

Normally I just show cards, but this find (which I posted earlier this week) online was so cute, I had to try and replicate it!
Here is the frame I found online:

{photo credit}


The keys in the shadow box each look so unique against the kraft, cream and black. It lets the intricate details of each key come to life!


Here is my version!

First, I used some metallic inks to distress the black frame.

Then, I die cut the keys with a bunch of different scraps of cardstock: chocolate, cream, and some SU! caramel. I used a variety of inks, including chocolate, chai, versamark and a variety of brilliance ink pads. I used some embossing powders (gold, pirate gold, stardust, silver) on the keys as well to give them dimension and bling!


I placed the keys on a piece of PTI Kraft cardstock - spaced randomly, adhered with foam squares.


another close up:

more close ups:










Here is what I created using a frame I found in my craft closet!



Here it is in the Sunroom (my favorite room in the house)


Be sure to check out all the wonderful goodies that the other ladies are featuring on their blogs:

Nichole,
Dawn
Heather
Melissa &
Lisa








stamps: Lock & Key (available 12.15.11 at Papertrey Ink)
paper: kraft, chocolate, cream & SU! caramel
ink: brilliance (copper, platinum, gold, versamark and PTI chocolate & chai)
misc: frame (5x7 black matted), dimensionals, PTI key die, embossing powder (gold, silver, stardust, clear)

Enjoy every single moment of today!!!!!!

2 comments:

Becky Rusher said...

Your version is amazing! It looks wonderful in your sun room!

Holly saveur said...

Super idea!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online