Saturday, December 11, 2010

FS201: Lisaadd

I really enjoyed Lisa's {CAS86 Merry Wreath} card. I knew it would be a fun case-able card!

I decided to change the colors and stamp set and eliminated the dry pressure embossing. I went with kraft, red and green instead of the white, red and green. I eliminated the dry pressure embossing on the background and went with a kraft base with a red layer. On the main image, I used a square piece of kraft cardstock. I started with a small circle (drawn with pencil) and I used a snowflake to create the wreath, first going around the circle with moss ink, then avocado ink, then finally, with new leaf ink. I used some small red gems (Amuse) on the wreath to give it some bling!

I used poppy ink for the sentiment. I was going to draw lines around the main image, like Lisa had on her card, but didn't feel like I had enough room, so I distressed the edges instead. I used a crimper (remember those) on the piece of artichoke, then added some ribbon. Finally, I added a ribbon, threaded with some rustic thread (PTI).



stamps: Papertrey Ink {Tree with Trimmings}
paper: kraft, poppy, artichoke {PTI}
ink: moss, avocado, new leaf, poppy
misc: poppy stitched ribbon (PTI), red gems (amuse), crimper, button (poppy, PTI), rustic thread (PTI), dimensions (under main image)


 

blogger templates | Make Money Online