Saturday, April 17, 2010

FS167: Dara


Good Evening! I am exhausted .... we are having my dad's 70th birthday party tomorrow here at the Silaika compound....and I have been cleaning. I took a quick break to make a card for this week's featured stamper challenge. This is the first time I think that I have inked up this set...it's called Spring Sketches from Our Craft Lounge. It's really cute. Not sure I did it any justice....but what the hey!

I used Dara's card {here} and created this version. Fiddlesticks -- I think it is a sketch challenge card...but I am too dang tired to go back and make another ... so I will make due with this one. Ayecarumba!

I used some chocolate chip paper, some old SU! designer paper and some deep brown polkadot ribbon from May arts for this card. The changes from Dara's card: no ribbon on the bottom, different colors and different stamp set. I actually stamped the tulip portion twice, once on a small piece of white....colored and trimmed it out then placed it with dimensionals atop the main image. I also used some two way glue pen and some glitter on the flower to give it some bling! I stamped the sentiment, but now looking at it, it appears a little crooked....I must be REALLY tired! :)

I need to go get some sleep and finish cleaning tomorrow! Happy Stamping and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!



Stamps: OCL {Spring Sketches}
Paper: chocolate chip, designer paper (SU!), white
Ink: dark chocolate (PTI), copic markers
Misc: ribbon, dimensionals, glitter





1 comment:

Debbie Corbari said...

LOVE it Beth! I saw this IRL (yes..I was looking through your super clean office stash!) and this card IMMEDIATELY caught my eye. I picked it up and oohed and ahhed over it. :)
You threw a wonderful party for your dad...TOP NOTCH! Hope you were able to rest and relax after we all left!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online