Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CC258: With Sympathy


Hi Everyone -- I am pleased to be on a stamping roll again! I have been playing in challenges and getting some serious stamping time in! YAY! It helps my mental stability! :)

This card is for the color challenge this week:
Perfect Plum, Soft Suede (I used close to cocoa) and Pale Plum.

I used the Our Craft Lounge set Say it Big. It's a great set for creating BOLD sentiment cards, which are *SO* in right now! This one I created without any white or ivory colored paper, which is something I like to do now and again! I started with perfect plum base and added a strip of pale plum and close to cocoa on the bottom. I used the scalloped edge punch on the cocoa strip. There is a layer of pale plum which is dry pressure embossed with the swiss dots folder, and the main image is stamped with perfect plum ink on pale plum, then mounted on a layer of cocoa. I also stamped the flower from the same set in perfect plum, then colored it with copic markers. I used some spica gel pens to add a hint of bling to the flower. The button (cocoa) is threaded with some plum grossgrain ribbon (SU!). I used the same ribbon to wrap around the card, tied off with a simple knot.


stamps: Our Craft Lounge {Say it big}
paper: pale plum, perfect plum, close to cocoa (SU!)
ink: perfect plum, copics
misc: cocoa button, spica gel pen, ribbon (SU!), cuttlebug (swiss dots), corner rounder, scalloped edge punch





No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online