Saturday, December 13, 2008

FS97: Cards By America



Sometimes a gallery catches my eye and I take note....America's gallery was just that type of gallery! She has beautiful stuff in there! Lots of layers. I use the Featured Stamper's gallery to springboard my stamping. Most of the time, I keep the same general layout, change the colors, the stamp sets....
such is the case tonight. If the featured stamper has multiple layers upon layers...I tend to cut back.

Here is {the card} which I cased. America's Fallen snow card is BEAUTIFUL! You know the blue rule! :) Haven't shouted that out in a while! I changed: colors, stamp set - eliminated the snowflakes, kept the pearls - added sewing in lieu of paper piercing.

I have found myself reaching for my BFF's Silent Night stamp set. Nichole must know that sentiments with a religious tone really set my heart a'flutter! I love the elegance of this set SO much! I needed to tone back the card America made and focus on the beauty of the stamp set. I started with a layer of river rock. I really miss this paper (good thing I have a little left in my stash). River rock paired with real red was one of my favorite color combos! I used the river rock ink to stamp on the base of the card. I used the flourish, the small star and in the top right corner - the larger star with the dotted "radiance". It's like the star is singing "SHA-ZAM! Here I am!!!!" {grin} I stamped the sentiment in white craft on the real red, layered it on white, then red. Instead of the paper piercing (just because I cannot find my dang mat!) I Mounted it to the card with dimensionals...then added some red ribbon. I added a few pearls under the sentiment. Two big ones - three little....what do you think?


stamps: Silent Night {Papertrey Ink}
paper: river rock, real red, whisper white
ink: river rock, whisper white
misc: pearls (Target $ spot), Ribbon (unknown source), sewing, dimensionals


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online